- Glass bottles/jars (we will only take glass from Mecklenburg County Residents), Cans, Plastic Water Bottles, Juice & Milk cartons, Newspapers, Phone Books, and Magazines. Rinse out bottles/cartons and flatten/cut down all cardboard placed inside container. All recyclables should be clean and empty. (No store bought plastic containers allowed in the recycle bin, just ones noted above.)
What’s Not Recyclable
- YARD WASTE OF ANY KIND, Food, HOUSEHOLD items (glassware, dishes, clothes), Plastic Bags, Styrofoam and Styrofoam Packing Peanuts, Diapers, Home Air Filters, Razor Blades, Syringes, Wire Clothes Hangers, No scrap metal or auto parts, wood, shredded paper, plastic film, bubble wrap, cords, Paint/Paint Cans, Ceramic Pottery, Plastic hanging Pots & Batteries, No Plastic food containers of any kind.
- ABSOLUTELY No Garbage In the Recycle Bin!
Due to the hazardous nature of the following items, please DO NOT PUT IN THE TRASH RECEPTACLE or RECYCLE BINS (Call our office regarding these items):
- Paint or Paint Cans,Thinners and Solvents
- Automotive Oil or Antifreeze
- Cooking Oil
- Medical Waste (Needles must be in a puncture proof container)
- Pool Chemicals
- Dead Animals
- Car/Truck Batteries
- Drain Cleaners
- ALL boxes should be broken down/cut down and placed inside the recycle container. You must cut down boxes no larger than 14 X 14 (this is a county policy not Select’s). If you choose to recycle you must request a 95gal. recycle container, as we no longer offer the 18gal. bins. You must remove packing materials from inside any boxes as this is not recyclable, then break down. We are fully automated with the recycling, so everything should be inside the containers. Our drivers will not pickup boxes nor breakdown any boxes outside the container.
- Please place recycle containers at least 5 feet from any other obstructions (trees, cars, mailboxes) including the trash receptacle.
Bi-weekly Recycling Schedules
Effective Immediately All Recycling Has Been Changed to a Bi-Weekly Schedule (with the exception of Townhomes), the schedules for the remainder of the year are listed below: