- Glass bottles/jars (we will only take glass from Mecklenburg County Residents), Cans, Plastic Bottles, Juice & Milk cartons, Newspapers, Phone Books, and Magazines. Rinse out bottles/cartons and flatten all containers, flatten all cardboard place in tub. All recyclables should be clean and empty. Do not stuff whole boxes inside containers. DO NOT BAG ANYTHING IN RECYCLE CONTAINER.
What’s Not Recyclable
- HOUSEHOLD items (glassware, dishes, clothes), Plastic Bags, Styrofoam and Styrofoam Packing Peanuts, Diapers, Home Air Filters, Wire Clothes Hangers, No scrap metal or auto parts, wood, shredded paper, plastic film, cords, Paint or Paint Cans, Ceramic Pottery/Pots & Pans, Batteries.
- ABSOLUTELY No Garbage In the Recycle Bin!
Due to the hazardous nature of the following items, please DO NOT PUT IN THE TRASH RECEPTACLE or RECYCLE BINS (Call our office regarding these items):
- Paint, Paint Thinners and Solvents
- Automotive Oil or Antifreeze
- Cooking Oil
- Medical Waste (Needles must be in a puncture proof container)
- Pool Chemicals
- Dead Animals
- Car/Truck Batteries
- Drain Cleaners
- ALL boxes should be broken down/cut down and placed inside the recycle container. If you choose to recycle you must request a 95gal. recycle container, as we no longer offer the 18gal. bins.
- Please place recycle containers on the same side of yard as your mailbox but at least 5 feet from any other obstructions.