- Glass bottles/jars (we will only take glass from Mecklenburg County Residents), Cans, Plastic Water Bottles, Juice & Milk cartons, Newspapers, Phone Books, and Magazines. Rinse out bottles/cartons and flatten/cut down all cardboard placed inside container. All recyclables should be clean and empty. (Any plastic containers that have been in contact with Food are not recyclable.)
What’s Not Recyclable
- YARD WASTE OF ANY KIND, Food, HOUSEHOLD items (glassware, dishes, clothes), Plastic Bags, Styrofoam and Styrofoam Packing Peanuts, Diapers, Home Air Filters, Razor Blades, Syringes, Wire Clothes Hangers, No scrap metal or auto parts, wood, shredded paper, plastic film, bubble wrap, cords, Paint/Paint Cans, Ceramic Pottery, Plastic hanging Pots & Batteries, No Plastic food containers of any kind.
- ABSOLUTELY No Garbage In the Recycle Bin!
Due to the hazardous nature of the following items, please DO NOT PUT IN THE TRASH RECEPTACLE or RECYCLE BINS (Call our office regarding these items):
- Paint, Paint Thinners and Solvents
- Automotive Oil or Antifreeze
- Cooking Oil
- Medical Waste (Needles must be in a puncture proof container)
- Pool Chemicals
- Dead Animals
- Car/Truck Batteries
- Drain Cleaners
- ALL boxes should be broken down/cut down and placed inside the recycle container. If you choose to recycle you must request a 95gal. recycle container, as we no longer offer the 18gal. bins. You must remove packing materials from inside any boxes and then break them down and put inside container. We are fully automated with the recycling, so everything should be inside the containers. Our drivers will not pickup boxes nor breakdown any boxes outside the container.
- Please place recycle containers on the same side of yard as your mailbox but at least 5 feet from any other obstructions.
Bi-weekly Recycling Schedules
Effective Immediately All Recycling Has Been Changed to a Bi-Weekly Schedule (with the exception of Townhomes), the schedules for the remainder of the year are listed below:
- NonDevelopment BiWeekly 2022 Recycle Schedule
- Biweekly Recycling – Monday
- Biweekly Recycling – 2023 Monday Schedule
- Biweekly Recycling – Tuesday
- Biweekly Recycling – 2023 Tuesday Schedule
- Biweekly Recycling – Wednesday
- Biweekly Recycling – 2023 Wednesday Schedule
- Biweekly Recycling – Thursday
- Biweekly Recycling – 2023 Thursday Schedule