- Cans, Bottles, Plastic and Glass Containers (only from Mecklenburg County residents), Juice & Milk cartons, Newspapers, Phone Books, and Magazines. Rinse out bottles/cartons and flatten all containers, flatten all cardboard placed in tub. All recyclables should be clean and empty. Do not stuff whole boxes inside containers. DO NOT BAG ANYTHING IN RECYCLE CONTAINER.
What’s Not Recyclable
- HOUSEHOLD items (glassware, dishes, clothes), Plastic Bags, Styrofoam and Styrofoam Packing Peanuts, Diapers, Home Air Filters, Wire Clothes Hangers, No scrap metal or auto parts, wood, shredded paper, plastic film, cords, Paint or Paint Cans, Ceramic Pottery/Pots & Pans, Batteries.
- ABSOLUTELY No Garbage In the Recycle Bin!
Due to the hazardous nature of the following items, please DO NOT PUT IN THE TRASH RECEPTACLE or RECYCLE BINS (Call our office regarding these items):
- Paint, Paint Thinners and Solvents
- Automotive Oil or Antifreeze
- Cooking Oil
- Medical Waste (Needles must be in a puncture proof container)
- Pool Chemicals
- Dead Animals
- Car/Truck Batteries
- Drain Cleaners
- We must limit the number of boxes to no more than ten (10) per week and all boxes must be broken down flat. Boxes not broken down will not be removed. Any boxes larger than 18 X 18 must be cut down.
- Please place recycle containers/tubs on the same side of yard as your mailbox but at least 5 feet from any other obstructions.