- Glass bottles/jars (we will only take glass from Mecklenburg County Residents), Cans, Plastic Water Bottles, Juice & Milk cartons, Newspapers, Phone Books, and Magazines. Rinse out bottles/cartons and flatten all containers. Flatten and/or cut down all cardboard placed inside container. All recyclables should be clean and empty. (Any plastic containers that have been in contact with Food is not recyclable.)
What’s Not Recyclable
- Food, HOUSEHOLD items (glassware, dishes, clothes), Plastic Bags, Styrofoam and Styrofoam Packing Peanuts, Diapers, Home Air Filters, Razor Blades, Syringes, Wire Clothes Hangers, No scrap metal or auto parts, wood, shredded paper, plastic film, bubble wrap, cords, Paint or Paint Cans, Ceramic Pottery/Pots & Pans, Batteries.
- ABSOLUTELY No Garbage In the Recycle Bin!
Due to the hazardous nature of the following items, please DO NOT PUT IN THE TRASH RECEPTACLE or RECYCLE BINS (Call our office regarding these items):
- Paint, Paint Thinners and Solvents
- Automotive Oil or Antifreeze
- Cooking Oil
- Medical Waste (Needles must be in a puncture proof container)
- Pool Chemicals
- Dead Animals
- Car/Truck Batteries
- Drain Cleaners
- ALL boxes should be broken down/cut down and placed inside the recycle container. If you choose to recycle you must request a 95gal. recycle container, as we no longer offer the 18gal. bins. You must remove packing materials from inside any boxes and then break them down and put inside container. Our drivers will not breakdown your boxes.
- Please place recycle containers on the same side of yard as your mailbox but at least 5 feet from any other obstructions.